Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
At our location in in the canton of Valais, we are constantly looking for Lab Technicians with a relevant background at all levels in Life Sciences in order to support out growth in several business units. If you bring a passion for the laboratory and want to make a difference in your career- please apply now.
- Conduct experiments for diverse innovation projects with the Business Unit Composite Materials
- Timely, independent and exact execution of experiments for example in the field of mammalian cell culture technology
- Work with complex technical systems (like bioreactors, chromatography systems or analytical instruments etc.)
- Support of process transfer and scale-up in cooperation with other departments
- Documentation of row data and interpretation of the results
- Independent thinking, communicating, and contributing problem-solving information (for example in case of deviations or unexpected experiment-results)
- Support the Laboratory Manager with lab experiments/results to provide technical service to customers and develop new applications
- Scientific education / Apprenticeship as Laboratory Technician / Laboratory assistant in biology/chemistry
- Experience in the ISO and/or GMP environment and/or in practical analytics
- Practical experience with animal cell culture, cell banking, bioreactors, chromatography systems or similar laboratory work
- Very precise and accurate working style
- Action & goal orientation, self-driven, motivated and commercial oriented mind-set
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in German and English required (Min B1/B2 level)
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
新皇冠体育盘口People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.