Cell Therapy Senior Process Engineer
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for a mid-career professional to grow with us. We have this exciting opportunity in the Engineering group for a Sr. Process Engineer who will be responsible for support and improve the manufacturing operations
- Increase the equipment reliability and support the development of the Preventive Maintenance program.
- Provide Leadership to the Process support team; technicians and Process Engineers
- Responsible for report Process improvements, develop metrics and equipment failure analysis
- Lead the Filling Process improvement program
- Provide training and a development plan to the technical support team
- Supports manufacturing by troubleshooting equipment and processes to resolve issues that may arise during manufacturing campaigns.
- Provide engineering solutions that maximize process efficiency and improve quality performance of the assigned processes.
- Performs continues improvement actions to ensure process reliability.
- Interacts with internal/external customers and evaluates process requirements to ensure the facility and equipment capabilities can accommodate.
- Develops specifications for equipment and process improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes technology and Lean design principles to improve process efficiency.
- Increases process control by utilizing automation
- Evaluates and utilizes technology to incorporate innovations into process designs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- MS or MBA preferred
- Expert level experience, preferable in the pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing process from a Major Biotech Facility
- Aseptic filling process experience
- Cell Therapy Processing Preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.