Analyst, Quality Control
United Kingdom, Livingston
新皇冠体育盘口Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role reports to the Quality Control Manager and will primarily be responsible for the management of a team of analysts conducting analytical activities, QC testing and release of materials, packaging components and finished products. The role will be responsible for providing technical expertise at both a theoretical and practical level.
- Work as part of a team alongside Production and Development Actively involved in planning and supervising the execution and reporting of analytical activities to determine fitness for purpose of starting materials, intermediate and finished products.
- Technically competent in analytical activities (e.g. pharmacopoeail wet chemistry, HPLC (High-performance liquid chromatography), Dissolution) for QC testing of raw materials, packaging components and finished products.
- All activities to be performed under current cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Lonza SOP’s and/or pharmacopoeia.
- Perform sampling of starting materials, packaging components and finished products. Perform cleaning verification analysis to assure suitability of Production equipment for subsequent use Support calibration of key analytical equipment and measuring devices used in or on production equipment (eg thermocouples, pressure gauges) to agreed specifications.
- Supervise and train allocated laboratory personnel to a competent standard when required.
- Prepare summary reports and Certificate of Analyses for approval
- Prepare material specifications for approval.
- An understanding of drug development and manufacturing processes
- Direct experience with pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated technical competence of the technical and practical skills involved in analytical activities to prescribed quality standards
- Proven ability to work to key regulatory and compliance requirements
- Skilled in analytical techniques eg HPLC, Dissolution and Gas Chromatography
- Able to communicate well with others, both laboratory and non-laboratory based
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.