Construction Management Lead - Ibex®
Construction Management Lead - Ibex®
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As Construction Management Lead you will be responsible for managing the construction activities for all current and future Ibex® investment projects. You will work with the project execution team in an ownership and project delivery role. Ibex® Solutions (www.ibex.expresaideas.com) is a modular build complex to develop and manufacture biological products. It enables companies to get access to a complete solution, gaining speed and achieving a simplified value chain.
- Define, own, manage and implement the construction strategy in close cooperation with the EPCM(Q) contractors
- Management of the Health, Safety, Environmental & Sustainability aspect of the construction phase to ensure compliance with local and global EHS guidelines and provide the necessary training to construction personnel with the aim of achieving zero Lost Time accidents/incidents within the workplace and throughout the life cycle of the project
- Active involvement in issue resolution, assisting cross-functional teams and attending coordination meetings between the various engineering disciplines leads to ensure smooth installation, construction and commissioning of the facility
- Day to day leadership of construction teams across all disciplines and areas. Drive construction methodologies and progress. Oversight, manage and administer the day-to-day construction contracts, progress claims, change management, etc.
- Interface with design leads to ensure clarity of scope, constructability and all area-leads to co-ordinate construction activities and equipment installation
- Work collaboratively with project team, EPCM(Q) contractor and all parties to deliver a best-in-class facility
- Ensure that the projects are delivered in accordance with the URS, local authority requirements and industry best practice
- Provide project construction status reports for all construction activities across the site and liaise with the Project Controls Group to generate the necessary KPI`s relating to timelines, cost and milestones in a concise and timely manner.
- Support the project teams in the continuous improvement of the project management tools and processes, such as PM-handbook, SOPs for the respective business processes and components, which will assist the smooth running of project as well as acting as a report tool for the senior management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Construction related fields (e.g., construction management, architecture, civil engineering, building science)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Solid Construction Management & Leadership experience within the Life Science Industry; focused on execution and delivery
- Fluency in German. Good English level is preferred
- Bio- / Pharma process knowledge
- High energetic individual
- Project Management skills
- Strong team player. Organized and structured, efficient and effective
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in stressful situations
- Understanding of how to get things done
- Demonstrated very good leadership skills. He/she has proven his/her professional competences and leadership skills by successful completion of several complex projects as a leader
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.