Intern at Strategic Programs Office
Internship at Strategic Programs Office 100% (3 – 6 months)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Starting in July you would join the Strategic Programs Office in Basel and work within the Lonza Pharma, Biotech and Nutrition Technical Operations Team on a variety of initiatives reporting to the COO of the segment.
Under the direction of the management from the Strategic Programs Office, you will work on a wide range of tasks, covering technical and digital operations, quality, engineering and interface with businesses within the Lonza Pharma, Biotech and Nutrition segment.
Key responsibilities – approx. half of your time would be spent:
- General Support: Supporting the day-to-day strategic project management activities of the Strategic Programs Office team
- Various Analysis: Supporting the preparation, monitoring and modeling of data for visualization, evaluation and dissemination (e.g. Excel, Power BI)
- Knowledge Management: Developing and maintaining information systems and various communication tools (e.g. SharePoint, PowerPoint, dashboards)
- Business Research: Supporting research into industry best practices, business and manufacturing processes
新皇冠体育盘口The other half will be spent:
- Tailored Project: You will have the opportunity to manage a sub-project focused on a component of one of the core team’s initiatives.
新皇冠体育盘口You are carrying out a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in business, marketing, life sciences, engineering or a related field, or you have already completed your studies. You are professional, adventurous, creative, open to new challenges, willing to work under pressure, and flexible. Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI, SAP or other systems would be an advantage. Ideally you have some initial work or internship experience. Fluent or near-fluent English is required. You have required permit to work in Switzerland.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.