Internal Communications Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As an Internal Communications Manager you will lead and drive internal communication activities for Lonza’s business and support functions globally. Working in close collaboration with other members of the communications team your purpose will be to effectively support and strengthen Lonza’s business objectives. You will develop overall internal communications plans and strategies. You will provide tactical support and strategic guidance to senior management and other internal stakeholders involving a wide range of media (intranet, print, email, video and in-person presentations, emerging digital and other technologies), ensuring clarity of Lonza’s vision and strategy, motivating employees to achieve organizational goals.
- Advise and support senior leadership and other internal stakeholders in all matters internal communications (content, channels, stakeholder-maps, messaging)
- Responsible for the creation, organization and execution of communication plans, leadership communication messages and platforms (e.g. newsletters, leadership messages, videos, leadership conferences, etc.)
- Align global internal communication activities with the overall Lonza strategy, corporate initiatives as well as the global internal communications strategy, processes and planning
- Plan, coordinate and distribute internal announcements in close alignment with the global head of internal communications
- Co-ordinate content development and approvals for internal announcements
- Manage logistics and content for town hall events
- Ensure employees receive timely information on relevant corporate initiatives and programs
- Ensure relevant external news is communicated internally as appropriate
- Introduce new and exciting communications channels and strategies to inform and engage CHN employees.
- Master's degree (preferably in a subject related to communications, media relations or journalism), or Bachelor's degree with equivalent further education
- Solid work experience in communications (preferably internal communications for a large pharmaceutical and/or biotech company – or journalism)
- Good understanding and previous exposure to B2B or B2C stock-listed matrix/multi-divisional organization
- English mother tongue / native proficiency, fluent German is a plus
- Stellar writing, story-telling, editing and proofreading skills in English; understanding of news-writing techniques and styles
- Experience in working with and consulting senior stakeholders
- Experience in safeguarding confidentiality
- Experience in video content creation a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, SharePoint, Planner, Teams)
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- In addition to the above you are hands-on, customer oriented and independent with ability to work within a deadline-driven, high-energy and fast-paced environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.