Head of QA Operations
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Quality Assurance Operations be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
You will be managing and developing the QA Operations department to meet regulations and business needs. You will also be a member of the Site Leadership Team and represents QA and Validation. You will also deputise for Head of Quality Unit.
The QA Operations team is made of the following teams: Technical Support, Quality Systems, QA Operaions and the GMP training team.
- Leads, Manages and Develops the QA Operations department to assure effective operational performance and compliance.
- Ensures that the QA Operations department can adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Defines and drive the strategy and vision for the Quality Department. Takes overall accountability toward the defined strategy.
- Leads complex initiatives outside of the Quality Unit duties and at site level to meet business strategy.
- Drive a high quality standard and high performance culture across site.
- Encourages new ideas and empowers others to bring innovations
- Removes barriers.
- Develops Talents through coaching and mentoring and build a talent pipeline.
Site Leadership Team:
- Is a member of the Site Leadership Team and represents QA and Validation.
- Develops relationships and alliances with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works across site and uses leadership skills to improve processes in order for the site to deliver.
- Contributes to the site strategy definition and implementation and influences the governance of the site.
What we need you to have:
- Minimum BSc in Science or QA discipline
- Extensive industry experience within Quality assurance.
- Experience in managing Regulators.
- Experience within a Manufacturing site highly desirable.
- Practical application of EU and US cGMP regulations and guidelines preferably within biotech.
- Strong leadership background within Quality Assurance, will have 4 direct reports and 110 indirect.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.