United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are recruiting for an experienced manufacturing Plant Lead. An opportunity has arisen in our global Manufacturing Plant at the center of excellence in Slough, UK.
新皇冠体育盘口This position is a night shift role and will involve working on a 12 hour (6pm-6am) rotational (4 on 4 off) shift basis which includes non-negotiable weekend working. Attractive salary and shift allowance offered. Whilst this position is working nights it is required that the individual work days for an initial period due to training requirements.
- Responsible for the reviewing new processes, planning of activities on plant and ensuring the process is running safely, according to specified procedures and deliverables are met
- Troubleshooting any issues identified and working within the department and cross-functionally to resolve those issues
- Undertaking tours of all the Purification areas to ensure that the areas are suitably organized, controlled and that housekeeping standards are met
- Implementing improvements through proactive investigation, identifying and implementing preventative actions to improve the team performance
- Foster a positive learning environment through line management, coaching and supporting direct reports to drive individual and team development
- Working on a shift pattern to include alternate weekends
- Experienced of working in a manufacturing supervisory role
- Mammalian Purification (Chromotography/Ultrafiltration/Concentration/Diafiltration) experience desirable
- Experienced of working to current GMP standards
- Line Management experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Clear Communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and coaching skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.