Head of Shared Service Centre Europe
United Kingdom, Manchester
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are recruiting for an experienced Head of Shared Service Centre with a European focus; to be based in Manchester, UK. Accountable for developing the new Shared Service Center (SSC) for a cross-functional scope including Finance, Customer Service, HR and Indirect Procurement covering Europe. Driving the growth and stabilisation of operations coming into the SSC and building the specific SSC culture and people strategy in close alignment with HR. Accountable for effective stabilisation and high performance of service delivery and supporting continuous improvement of services in scope. Providing transformational leadership to the SSC and manage strategic relationships with senior stakeholders within Lonza and to promote best practice for the organisation.
- Work closely with the senior business leads to ensure that work is being carried out by the SSC (shared service centre) in line with departmental strategy and methodology and ensure services are governed through strong controls and delivered on a timely and accurate basis. This includes financial management of the SSC
- Driving multiple complex operational process improvements
- Redesign projects and managing change initiatives which will optimise end-to-end processes in R2R (record to report), OTC (Order to Cash) and P2P (purchase2pay) with the objective to either improve financials and/or service levels and jointly with the GPO (Global Process Owner) Leads developing and enhancing process and quality management systems to monitor process efficiency and effectiveness in operations to ensure identification and prioritisation of opportunities for improvement
- Developing a thorough understanding of the processes being operated by the businesses departments and have a clear understanding of the quality metrics existing around and ensure they are appropriate
- Developing and reviewing metrics (and reporting on them) for monitoring process improvement
- Development, coaching and transformational leadership of SSC Staff for current and future capabilities to establish the SSC as a talent pool for Lonza
- Defining the Shared Services Strategy, Roadmap and Scope of services to meet current and future business needs globally
- Working with senior finance team and wider business management team to provide accurate and timely financial information and, if necessary, liaise with senior management to resolve/mediate on business matters. Improving the communication, messaging, relationship and workflows between the finance departments and the wider finance team and business and external customers/suppliers
- Proven track record in a SSC Operations Leadership, ideally covering multiple functions, and experience in setting up a new center/ business from scratch (start-up experience)
- Accountable for the management and leadership of a Finance Shared Service Centre (SSC) covering Europe
- Experience in strategic process improvement leadership with proven, quantifiable results
- Experience of working directly with and influencing multi-layered and complex senior management structures
- High Degree of PC proficiency, including current ERP CRM-Systems and subsystems
- CIMA or ACCA qualification desirable
- Shared Services Expert ideally across multifunctional areas
- Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels and strong team building capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels and to work with effectively with colleagues across cultures and disciplines
- Strategic Planning skills to demonstrate the art of the possible within Lonza for Shared Services with a proven track record in creating business cases to support the change
- A very high level of personal drive and motivation and the ability to progress matters with a significant degree of independence
- A dynamic but measured personality with excellent presentational and influencing skills
- The desire and ability to innovate and to tackle challenges positively and creatively
- A highly flexible approach to handling a large workload in an environment with rapidly shifting priorities and unpredictable demands
新皇冠体育盘口Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
新皇冠体育盘口People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
新皇冠体育盘口Start date: 10/07/2020
End date: 10/08/2020