Technical Reviewer - Bioassay
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The remit of this role is to perform technical review of analytical assays including HCP (host cell proteins) and ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay), Potency assay and Bioassay. The person will be mainly office based. All work is expected to be carried out in a safe and compliant manner.
- Performs technical review of assays for stability, method transfer, evaluations, Qualification and validations and characterisation studies against standard operating procedures, protocols and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) principles.
- Communicates with operators, study directors and managers to close-out technical review of assays and provides feedback for the recognition / development of scientists and to train staff to reinforce best practice.
- Interprets data against study specifications, identifies atypical results / trends within data and supports and leads discussions for process improvements.
- Provides support for the progress of quality records such as atypical / out of specification investigations and deviations, and for department activities such as protocol / report writing and archiving
- PhD or BSc + additional years’ experience in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Good knowledge and understanding of analytical methods
- Good awareness of cGMP guidelines and how adherence to GMP impacts the way we work
- Good time management, organization and planning skills
- Effective communicator
- An ability to make quality decisions based on the best available scientific data
- A proactive nature and a desire to learn and willingness to impart knowledge
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
新皇冠体育盘口People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.